[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fly Wars

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:29:50 EDT

This has been one of the hottest, driest years in a long time.  The
flies have been a nightmare!  I have the Quick Strike fly strips,  several
fly traps, Fly spray for the dogs (approved for horses and dogs), and
spray insecticide each weekend (spraying around the runs before
scooping while the dogs are in the house).   At least one fly  bait I bought
last year and didn't think was worth anything has turned out to be one
of the best.  It's the Quick Bayt granules I got from Revival.  I  even put
some in the garage - far from the door - and I think that's why I haven't
had many make it into the house this year.  Just thought I'd pass the
info along in case anyone else is going through the same  problems.
I shake some outside the runs where the dogs won't get to it, and it
attracts and kills a lot of flies.

_http://www.revivalanimal.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_72-620_A_name_E_Quick+Bayt_
(http://www.revivalanimal.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_72-620_A_name_E_Quick+Bayt)

Janice  Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds
_http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/_ (http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/)
"If  our dogs were smarter, they could tell us what they were
thinking. If we  were smarter, they wouldn't need to."