[ SHOWGSD-L ] Flu, kennel cough, what?

  • From: "Penny and Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:24:27 -0400

In late August, our all-breed flatcoat handler brought our dog back from the
Big E in Massachusetts with what we believed was kennel cough--now I'm not
sure.  After Andi was home a day or so, she had this "gentle cough" and
discharge from her eyes. Our 6 month old Ch Eagle daughter Winter began to
cough too.  We immediately isolated the 2 of them.  My other dogs, including
Angel's 7 week old puppy, Rose-Red never got this.  My vet thought at the time
it WAS kennel cough, but now he's not sure.  Andi and Winter never really got
sick--just those 2 symptoms.  They were put on amoxicillin and I supplemented
with colloidal silver and yogurt.  In a few days, ALL symptoms were gone, but
we kept the 2 of them isolated for 3 weeks.  We cloroxed more than ever.  I
still don't know what it was--but I believe now that it was NOT full blown
kennel cough.
Penny in NY