[ SHOWGSD-L ] Florida dog shows in Jan and Feb

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:02:58 -0800 (PST)

Go to the shows in Orlando, maybe it's warm, maybe just not really cold.  But
remember to come back in February for what is almost always delightful weather,
and ALWAYS delightful company, food and judging, for the GSDCA of Great Maimi
dog shows.
We are doing it all Feb 13 and 14, with Bart Bartley and Don Smith judging.  Mr
Bartley is also judging junior's and Working Group judge Grace Acosta will come
Sunday so that we can see our kids go head to head again!

I have look at hotel prices for LaQuinta hotels in Broward county.  The prices
vary by location, but all allow dogs, do not charge for dogs, and from my own
traveling experiences in Florida and up 95, they all love dogs.  Grass varies,
like the prices.  But all have reasonable access to the show site, because the
show site is so well located.

I am the show secretary.  I have premiums available.  But we are not doing the
mass mailing of paper for all the reasons you can think of.  So if you want an
email copy, I will send it as soon as I see your request.  If you want paper,
give me about 5 days for printing and mailing.

We hope you will join us, my husband is planning on doing ribs for Saturday
lunch, and we always make sure you have plenty to eat at very reasonable prices.

Additionally, I am hoping to hold a "meet the akc champions" off to one side.
This will be advertised locally at pet supply stores and other places we can
find to put our flier.  If you have a retired champion who misses the fuss and
bother of the ring, please bring him/her, and a win picture and any ribbons you
are especially proud of.

It is my hope that by seeing some wonderful champion dogs, we might spark
interest in dog shows again.

I also welcome input on this idea, and other thoughts of things a club can do
to get more visitors.

Until next time......
sheila