[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Florida Legislative Alert and more

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:35:08 -0500

I know Florida has had a lemon law on the books for some time.  I think
this new stuff expands the old law (and yes, Ginger says it's an
amendment).  The answer will be that nobody will sell a dog to
Florida...did I really see that the buyer can decide that the vet who
issued the health certificate was wrong?  Things just keep getting
wilder and wilder.  And you guys in Florida, I guess you'll  have to
sell all your dogs out of state, eh?

    Then you look at the AKC and wonder "what are we doing here?"
because of the support of PAWS, etc.  The
legislative posts from the AKC don't seem to bother with any of the
proposed laws that will infringe on breeders...not too many, anyway.
Most deal with BSL, and here and there one on something else, like ear
cropping, or the like.
    The coming election of AKC Board Members is going to expose some of
the nominees for those slots as pro-PAWS people, or people who slavishly
follow AKC's position and don't think for themselves....   has the AKC
spoken at all about this proposal in Florida?  AKC sure didn't get its
knickers in a twist about the Virginia laws... I guess once you're in
bed with HSUS you sleep with everybody else who wants to get into that
bed, eh?

    I haven't heard yet if all the campaigning to get Virginia's
Governor to veto HB339 has done any good...the only thing I know for
sure is the names of the people I know personally who will now go out of
State for their rabies shots...until that gets too difficult...then I
guess they'll stop getting rabies shots at all.   When the statements
were made about a little increase in revenue being worth the increased
risk to public safety, I guess they were right.  For those of you who
don't know, there have been several verified cases of rabies in Virginia
every year I've lived here..not in dogs, at least I haven't heard of any
dogs...but in the wildlife of which Virginians are so proud...and I do
mean every year, and more than one case.  I guess soon we'll have rabid
dogs, too.  Sheeeez---

Peggy