[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Flies biting ears

  • From: gsdgenny1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:11:49 EDT

In 40 years of having GSDs, I have never had this problem until today.  I
know I've read on the list in the past what to do to help the problem:  flies
biting the ears.  My three GSDs were fine when I put them out in their runs
this
morning, and this evening when they came in for the night, each one had
terrible fly bites on their ears.  I cleaned the ears and put some medicine
that I
have here for bites on them, but if anyone can share information as to what to
do to keep the flies away from them outside and the best type of treatment for
the bites, I would appreciate it.  Not ever having had this problem before,
I'm not sure of the best way to prevent further bites and the best treatment
for the bites.  The flies aren't noticeable when we are out in the yard, but
apparently they found the dogs.  Thanks.
Kay Goolsby