[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Flea products this year

  • From: "Sue Mazzeo" <Sue.Mazzeo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:50:06 -0700

There are two kinds of Diatomaceous earth.  The kind Peggy is talking about and
the kind that is used on some pool filters.  DO NOT USE the kind that is used
in pool filters, it would not be safe around your pets.

And yes, that is essentially what Flea Busters is.

Sue Mazzeo
>>> Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> 9/25/2007 8:46 AM >>>

Along those lines (dehydrating fleas), garden quality powdered diatomaceous
earth.........that'll dehydrate any and all insects that touch it..  You can
get it at any garden shop,
or order it from JB Pet Supplies, Cherrybrook, anybody...cheap and good.
sprinkle it into the carpets and around the house.....it is great...you have to
leave it, too...it kills roaches,
ants, any crawling insect.............
       DE also comes in food grade...people sometimes feed it to dogs as a
wormer, altho I wouldn't...........
Peggy

Sue Mazzeo wrote:
Pat, If you have any carpeting in your house, try Flea Busters.  It is a powder
that you put in the carpeting.  You may have to order it off of the internet,
but they ship promptly.  It is not toxic, so it shouldn't affect your old girl.
 When the fleas come in contact with it, it dehydrates them.  If you don't
shampoo the carpet, it will last for an entire year. I have a friend that has a
grooming shop in her garage.  Her dogs have to go through the grooming area to
go outside so they would be in constant contact with the fleas that come in
because of the dogs in for grooming. By using the Flea Busters on her carpets,
she never has any flea problem.  I have also used it and nothing else for a
number of years and never have a flea problem. Sue Mazzeo From:
Cedarsgsd@xxxxxxx Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:16:09 EDTSubject: Flea products
this yearI am fighting fleas like I have not done in years and I'm losing the
battle. At this point I am bathing dogs twice a week with Adams shampoo and
using Advantage once a week in accordance to my vets instruction. I have just 2
 dogs and 1 cat, I don't know what I would have done when I had 15- 20 dogs if
it  was like this. I have flea collars on them (never believed those worked
anyway) Advantage, sprayed all the carpets. Flea dusted everywhere and we still
find fleas. I'm in central Florida where it is still in the high 90's during
the day.  Lots of rain and humidity. Am I the only one having these problems
this  year??     I am going to TN next month for a week, taking my  old girl
Pita with me and boarding the other dog and the cat. They will get flea  dipped
on their way into the kennel as well as on the way out. I am having the  house
and yard professionally done while I am gone. Hate to do it with my old  girl
home, she's been through a lot and I don't want to push it with her being  in
contact with any more chemicals than I have to.   Does anyone have any other
ideas in the meantime. Pita is a very  heavy coated long coat bitch and she
barely gets dry before I am bathing her  again. So far her skin hasn't been
affected by all this but it's only a matter  of time till we get hot spots from
all the moisture. Any help would be much  appreciated.TIA  Pat CooperCedars
German  ShepherdsCONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents
may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely
for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review,
use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the
 is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the original author
permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the Showgsd-l
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,
REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L
WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST
MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS
PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. For assistance, please contact the List
Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OUR WEBSITE -