[ SHOWGSD-L ] Flea products this year

  • From: Cedarsgsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:16:09 EDT

I am fighting fleas like I have not done in years and I'm losing the  battle.
At this point I am bathing dogs twice a week with Adams shampoo and  using
Advantage once a week in accordance to my vets instruction. I have just 2  dogs
and 1 cat, I don't know what I would have done when I had 15- 20 dogs if it
was like this. I have flea collars on them (never believed those worked anyway)
 Advantage, sprayed all the carpets. Flea dusted everywhere and we still find
 fleas. I'm in central Florida where it is still in the high 90's during the
day.  Lots of rain and humidity. Am I the only one having these problems this
year??
     I am going to TN next month for a week, taking my  old girl Pita with me
and boarding the other dog and the cat. They will get flea  dipped on their
way into the kennel as well as on the way out. I am having the  house and yard
professionally done while I am gone. Hate to do it with my old  girl home,
she's been through a lot and I don't want to push it with her being  in contact
with any more chemicals than I have to.
  Does anyone have any other ideas in the meantime. Pita is a very  heavy
coated long coat bitch and she barely gets dry before I am bathing her  again.
So
far her skin hasn't been affected by all this but it's only a matter  of time
till we get hot spots from all the moisture. Any help would be much
appreciated.TIA
Pat Cooper
Cedars German  Shepherds