[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Flea Problems,

  • From: Rikers123@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx, DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 23:29:33 EDT

I tried it a few months back. I couldn't give it to Killy or any bitch I  was
planning on breeding because the warning says it hadn't been tested on
breeding animals. The one I wanted it to work on has a flea allergy. If there
is  a
flea within 100 miles it will find her and bite her ass. Well I gave her a
dose and 12 hrs later she was vomiting. After the 4th time I called the 1-800 #
 and was told that in some dogs this was an adverse side effect and to give
her  another dose in a month. I didn't. I love that crazy bitch and won't take
the  chance of seeing her puke her guts out again. On the plus side, they did
call me  every 2 days after for a week to see how she was doing and followed
up with my  vet.

Denise  Groenewald
President GSDC of North Georgia
Editor of The Guardian, GSDC of  Atlanta Monthly newsletter
www.greenwoodshepherds.com

In a message dated 7/14/2008 10:58:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

AH - but  there are warnings out about Comfortis...it may even have been
recalled.  If I can find one of the many emails I've received about  it, I'll
send it to the list...
in the meantime, get your  brother some diatomaceous earth...if he puts it
around his yard and even  in the carpet, then after a day or two vacuums up
what's inside the house,  that will get rid of the fleas faster than anything
else...the  diatomaceous earth is cheap (not the food grade stuff) and can be
dusted  over the whole area.....
if you get rain, do it again...a couple of times  this summer ought to do it.
for yards I've also used the  bottles of Sevin that hook right on to the
end of the garden hose...that  works, too...
Peggy

but don't try the  Comfortis.........