[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Flagyl ......Apology?

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <barbara17236@xxxxxxx>, <EJDegen@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:31:03 -0800

There are times you drive for a day or two to a show or Futurity.....and one of
the first things we all do
before we bathe and put our dog in the ring is obviously to get them to   "do
their business".
If the dog's stools are loose......we will give them flagyl as soon as we
notice it....especially while traveling
rather than risk it get worse.....and then keep an eye on them to make sure all
is well.
In regard to the comments about bringing  "sick"  dogs to a show.....I don't
know of anyone DUMB enough
to do that!!   .........and.....loose stools do not always mean a dog is sick
or dying..........<G>
Pills do not always mean a person is  "drugging".      ALL  red dogs are not
dyed.

If a dog needs to be "drugged"  to alter it's behavior.....THEN it SHOULD be
left at home to have a good
life that it can handle.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com