[ SHOWGSD-L ] Flack for Judging assignments

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 23:44:16 EST

In a message dated 2/26/2006 4:24:55 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
gaitawayshepherds@xxxxxxxxx writes:
The  judge in question here does not deserve this kind of treatment and those
of  you who choose to put her on your "NO SHOW" list are just proving
yourselves  to be the sheep following the shepherd.

When you agree to judge, you can take a bit of abuse with the  assignment. It
is part of the job, and should be accepted. If you have thin  skin, or are
easily offended, do not get a judging license.  You have to do  what you think
is right, and never worry about what someone might say about  you.

That is also true about having a top winning dog as  well.  Those who would
cast stones are often motivated by other things than  honest opinions, but it
is just part of the business.

I had a handler approach me during judging and tell me it was  the worst job
of judging he had ever seen.  I laughed and told him I wasn't  done yet. He
came back in with a Special. His statement didn't change my  opinions or what I
ended up doing.

Emotions can run high in the ring and on the day of a  show.  You have to be
able to overlook statements made in passion, and do  what you believe is right.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together