[ SHOWGSD-L ] Five minutes of your time! Five more calls! CA SB 250

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:58:37 -0700

Florez still doesn't have the votes, Let's keep it that way PLEASE!
If you called before THANK YOU!  Please call again.   If you haven't
called yet PLEASE!!!!  You don't have to give a long speech, just say
you oppose SB250 and hope the Assemblymember votes No.
Stormy Hope

  SB250 - THANK YOU; JUST A FEW MORE CALLS PLEASE

Forwarded!
Please forward & cross post to trusted lists

This may be helpful for our fight against SB 250
I just called the speaker¹s office and politely began to explain that
while
I¹m not in his district ...

... The woman who answered was friendly but politely interrupted me to
assure me that

As speaker, Perez has his office count calls from ALL Californians and
she
and just needed to know my city.

EVERY CALIFORNIAN NEEDS TO CALL SPEAKER PEREZ! 916-319-2046 They just
want to know yes or no column. NO on SB 250 Its that easy.

From: <LFINCO@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 19:58:55 EDT
To: <CDOC_Unite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<NORCALGoldenRetrieverClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <norcalgrf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [CDOC_Unite] (no subject)

TUESDAY UPDATE AND CONTINUE NEED FOR ACTION-- JUST A FEW MORE CALLS

CDOC Directors have been working at the Capitol in Sacramento since
Wednesday evening. We have been joined by Canine Companions for
Independence and PIJAC along with SaveOurDogs. We are beginning to see
the
impact of your calls and letters.

We are told there will not be a vote today (Tuesday) which means your
efforts are working. But the Assembly will be working late tomorrow and
representatives will be bombarded by Mancuso and Platinum and are under
tremendous pressure from Senator Dean Florez. These are your
legislators;
educate them about the bill and tell them what you, their constituents,
need.

We need you to continue to contact your own representative. We
especially
need calls and letters to the following legislators. You can review
previous
posts to find the cities they represent and continue to have friends,
family, and associates especially in these districts contact--

Anthony Adams - (916) 319-2058; fax (916) 319-2159
Noreen Evans - (916) 319-2007; fax (916) 319-2107
Isadore Hall - (916) 319-2073; fax (916) 319-2173
Bonnie Lowenthal - (916) 319-2054; fax (916) 319-2154
V. Manual Perez - (916) 319-2080; fax (916) 319-2180
Lori Saldana - (916) 319-2076; fax (916) 319-2176

We want to thank them for their opposition last year and ask them to
hold
their position.

We continue to fight the following fabrications by Mancuso and
Platinum. The
supporters continue to state:

(1) This does not affect licensed dogs.
That of course is completely untrue - go to
http://www.cdoca.org/downloads/downloads.html for the rebuttal

(2) There are appropriate exemptions.
Of course untrue, see rebuttal.

(3) New York already has this law and it works well.
What New York has is their version of the Vincent Act, which
California has
had since 1999.

SB250 will not work, it penalizes the dogs and responsible people, not
the
irresponsible people; they will turn their dogs in. It will cost the
local
governments in California millions of dollars.

No respected national organization is supporting this bill.

Laura Finco
CDOC Communications
www.cdoca.org <http://www.cdoca.org>