[ SHOWGSD-L ] Five Month Old Puppies/Parvo

  • From: genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 22:01:57 +0000

A friend of mine has five month old Gordon Setter puppies that have parvo. One
has died and the other one is at the vet very sick. Two days ago these were
happy healthy puppies that have received all their shots. The only symptom that
the puppies had was that they did not want to eat. Is there some kind of new
strain of parvo out there that the shots that we currently give do not protect
against? I always give Fort Dodge. I do not use off brand name shots with my
dogs. The shots that these puppies were given I believe came from a feed store
( really do not want to mention the name ). Possibly there was something wrong
with the shots. This is a person who had been breeding for twenty years so she
knows what she is doing. She had been to a couple of dog shows in the last
month but always bleached and changed clothes before going near the puppies.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Amy Greenhut
Justrock Shepherds
Leopard Tortoises