[ SHOWGSD-L ] First ever National GSD Specialty in Heaven

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: onaluzlead@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:10:37 -0500

For Leslie, Donna, Jane & family.  Written from the heart with love,
Barbara Galasso

Today the tunnel of light was opened and shone on another German
Shepherd great....Henry Dancosse.  But before he was allowed to enter
this tunnel of light, he was approached by Saint Francis, patron saint
of animals.  He told Henry that God saw fit to take some of earth's
German Shepherd Dog people these last few months for his own purposes.
God told him that it looked like people on earth were having so much fun
showing his dogs, that he decided it was time to put on the first ever
National GSD Specialty in Heaven because I'm tired of all you earthly
people bickering about where to have the next National.  He told Henry
that in order for him to enter heaven that he would have to pass a test
first.  Now there were so many great dogs of the breed that had passed
away over the years, and that he being a GSD handler, he would get his
choice of all the top dogs that were in Heaven.  But he told him to
choose wisely, for although Ernie Loeb was there too in Heaven, this
would not be his assignment this day; no it would be God who would be
the judge of this event.
Henry was excited.  Just think he said to himself.  "I get to choose
from all the greats that have passed away".  "Wow, Lance, Paladen,
Rosemary, Manhattan, Hawkeye, Hammer, Andretti, Nestles Crunch".  "Who
do I choose, who do I choose?"  Just at that moment an old familiar
voice called out to him.  He said "Henry,, dar....ling, don't even think
of taking Lance in".  "That's who I'll be showing."  "He may have been
Jimmy's dog on earth, but up here he belongs to me"  "Besides, everyone
kows up here as they did on earth that no one knows how to stack a dog
like me," LaMar said as he threw his hands up in the air.
"Now boys, boys, stop your bickering, Charlie Chester said.  "Don't pay
attention to him Henry."  He and I were out partying too much last night
so he doesn't know what he's talking about."  "At this rate, if we keep
this up, we might both find ourselves in purgatory".
Just then an announcement came over the loud speaker by another familiar
voice.  "Ladies and gentlemen, gather up your dogs and bring them to the
rings and they better be in top "Naked Care" condition a laughing voice
said.  "Well, I'll be darned", Henry thought to himself. "Len Steen is
still making announcements and still cracking the jokes".
"OK then LaMar you can take in Lance, Ill take in Manhattan".  "God
should be impressed with him".  He broke all records on earth".  As this
thought lingered in his mind, he heard a small little voice whisper,
"hey mister, I know you have a choice of which dog to take in but I was
wondering if you would please take my little guy in."  "I know he's not
much to look at with his long coat, down ears, overshot bite, and he
kind of elbows coming at you, but he has a big heart and he'll try to
win for you".  Henry looked at the child and remembered what he tried to
practice while on this earth.  "To thine own self be true".  He knew he
always did try to help the little guy.  "Yup, I'll take your little guy
in for you", he told her.
All the greats strutted in.  Age certainly didn't change these guys.
LaMar and Lance.....what a team  (Jimmy Moses, eat your heart out).  And
in walked Henry with his down eared, long coated shepherd.  God asked
them to move their dogs around the ring and Henry's dog hit the end of
the lead and the two of them floated around the ring like there was not
one else there but them.  No double handling was needed or allowed in
Heaven.  The dogs ears stood straight up, his coat smoothed over.  God
pointed to Henry and the crowd of angels and saints roared.
When God approached Henry to congratulate him on his win, he said, "you
did well my son".  "You passed the test".  He said "you see as you were
on earth, so you are here too in Heaven".  "You never let the little
guys down."  "You stood for what you believed in.....you were true to
yourself."  "A gentleman there, a gentleman here".   We don't have any
trophies in Heaven Henry".  "We just have ways of earning your "wings".