[ SHOWGSD-L ] First GSD

  • From: "Seth & Hallie McMullen" <mcmuse@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:24:55 -0600

I still have my first GSD, Loki, she is pushing 10 years old.  I got her
when she was 8 weeks old and already running the show.  I got her for my job
in law enforcement and trained her as a dual purpose drug detection and
apprehension dog.  I was absolutely hooked!!  She is so smart and is a total
workaholic.  She has never had a lame day in her life and would still be
working the streets if I hadn't moved my career to teaching law enforcement.
  Loki still gives demonstration and has been involved with drug education
programs.

Loki has been a wonderful companion, especially when I lived/worked in the
not-so-nice part of town.  She would protect me in any situation.  She has
such outstanding temperment and judge of character.  She loves people and
adores playing with my nieces regardless of the ear and tail pulling that
can occur.  She knows the difference between friend and foe.  But she is
without a doubt my dog.  This drives my husband crazy.  If he asks her to do
something and I am present, she will check with me first or wait for my
direction.

My favorite part of this breed is the versatility and intelligence.  Loki
has done anything and everything that I have asked of her.  She is
accomplished in law enforcement and also has earned a CGC, CD, and a BH.
She has also been shown in Junior showmanship and thinks that she is a
beautiful show dog but I don't think any judges would agree.  She also
enjoys agility, flyball and sleeping on the bed.

Hallie