[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: First Aid Kit

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 16:50:11 -0400 (EDT)

oh yeah, Rescue Remedy....anyone working with anxious dogs,  really  old
dogs, or dogs recovering, should have this.

* Ileana  *
Love me, love my dogs.

In a message dated 8/19/2012 4:38:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:

These are the things we have in our first aid kit.  Some of the  things are
particular to some of the dogs, like the Gold Bond's powder, will  stop the
itch on the poodles face and feet if irritated after a shave. I  add
Electrolyte powder to all my dogs water after they show (or after  hiking or
extreme heat)... GSD's, Poodles and Sharpeis alike.  My old girl (a 13 y/o
schnoodle) needs ace when there are  thunderstorms.  All RX's come from my vet,
and all vet info is on the  bottle. Actually, my vets helped me designed this
kit.  My First Aid  kit goes with us to all dog shows, grooming shows and
any  time the dogs  are in the car on our trips.  If my daughters take one of
the dogs  on their camping trips, they take a modified version of this kit.
They are vet  techs and know how to use everything in the kit.  Check for
expiration  dates on a regular basis
.

First Aid Guide (a must)
Gauze  Rolls                                                    Eye  Flush
(saline solution) and/or Artificial Tears
Gauze  Pads                                                    Benadryl
Hemostat
Rimadyl/Metacam/Deramax  (rx)
Rolled  Cotton                                                  Flagyl  (rx)
Vet  Wrap                                                        Cephalexin
 (rx)
Tweezers
Acepromazine  (rx)
Q-Tips                                                            Gas  X
Small  Scissors                                               Pepto  Bismol
Eye  dropper                                                   Immodium
Thermometer                                                  Calamine
Lotion
K-Y  Jelly                                                        Alcohol

Muzzle                                                           Peroxide
Towels                                                           Neobacimyx
 (Eye Ointment) (rx)
Small Bottle of  "Dawn"                                    Neosporin
Nutrical                                                          Liquid
Bandage
ID can  food                                                    Silver
Nitrate sticks
Cold  packs                                                    Gold  Bond
Powder
Zip lock bags (for ice  bags)                              Gentocin  spray
Capstar
Hydrocortisone  Spray
Pen  Light                                                       Ascriptin
Sugar Packs (awesome for stopping a bleeding tongue)
Electrolyte Powder
Copies of all dogs Vaccine Records with dogs pictures and microchip  info.