[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: First Aid Kit

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 02:10:29 EST

In a message dated 1/24/2007 8:35:23 P.M. Central Standard Time,
gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx writes:
am  wondering what everyone that has a dog first aid kit, has in  theirs!

Syd was quite right on the Benadryl, Prednisone and  Amoxicillin.  Like to be
ready for anything when travelling to shows,  so my kit probably goes beyond
just first aid, but items I still may need  in an emergency.  I carry
Cephalexin, Sulphatrim or any TMS  antiobiotic, and chloramphenical in event I
ever
get the dog flu  again.   Other great items to keep are:   acidophilus,
physillium fibre (metamucil), immodium and kaeopectate for loose bowels  and
the old
standby pepto bismal.....still great for upset gut.  For  pain I keep both
metacam and rimadyl. Always have some injectible banamine  in event I have to
deal with a high fever very quickly.  Vet wrap,  gauze, alcohol, peroxide are
musts. Liquid tears to flush the eyes and a  non steroidal eye cream, vinegar
and
water for an ear problem along with  either Otomax or Panalog. Friars Balsam
and liquid bandaid for cut  pads, and Triple A antibiotic cream for dogs or
me......and yes, it is a  good size container !
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog  biscuits in your pocket
and then give him only two of  them>>>>Phil  Pastoret