[ SHOWGSD-L ] Finding the truth is not easy

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:06:45 EDT

In a message dated 9/28/10 8:48:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Perhaps  this would be a GREAT place to let the Purina Funds help.  After
all,  does it not state for the "enhancement" of the exhibitor experience!  I
 would certainly classify that into that  catagory.

After all the smoke cleared last year, it seems that is where the  money
came from.  I asked pointedly two board members who was paying for  the video
and how much did it cost?  My idea was to campaign to get some  club members
to donate the costs this year.  I was told they could not tell  me, but it
was being paid for by a sponsor.  I still have no idea why it  was such a
secret.

I have now found out that what happened was they asked Purina, and Purina
said to take it out of what they had already commited to the club.  I
appreciate that Purina did that, but it cost the club that money, and so this
year, the board, or whever is in charge decided not to take it from Purina,
but  rather to charge the users.  I see no problem with that.

I would rather get together about twenty of the members and pay for
streaming video, advertise it, and make it free not only for the members, but
for
the general public as well. Nothing could be a better advertisement for our
 breed than to see the beauty and pagentry of our National. I now know, (it
I was  told the truth) that it costs $7,500 to do it, and I have no idea
what that  entails, but we supply the workers.  I have agreed to man a camera
this  year.  Now that we have a price, I suspect we can find competitive
bids.

Maybe next year.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together