[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Film on the destruction of the GSD

  • From: Denise Williams <denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 08:03:13 -0700 (PDT)

On that point I totally agree.  I keep my flame suit next to the computer,
because I'm one of those people who feel that only the best should be bred.
Only the best temperment, the best structure, the best work ethic.  Minimum
flaws can't be helped, and sometimes are outweighed by the good.  But spooks
are never a good thing.  Lazy dogs, shy dogs, ones who need bundles of
supplements, drugs, special diets,  aren't worth the trouble.
Anyway, I wish I had a dog that could do it all.  I might have that dog, but I
can't do it all.  Each of these events, probably with the exception of
obedience, are a big money drain.  By the time I finish my boy, will I be able
to do anything else?  Nothing is wrong with him, that he shouldn't finish, but
I'm not exactly in a place where majors abound, nor to I have freedom to travel
vey far,  nor loads of extra money for big time handlers. This will take some
time, or a few lucky breaks.
In the meantime, my very keen obedience dog is sitting at home devouting time
to excaping his kennel, until I can get the other boy finished.  He should have
had  a title by now, if I hadn't ventured into the breed ring.
And honestly, as far as herding goes, where could I even find that quanity of
sheep?  I'm fortunate if I can a few sheep to take an instinct test.

We assume that these dogs are not capable because no one is doing it. I'm
telling you that there is a clear difference in the grip between my american
dog and my german dog. The american has as a better grip, and hold.  Darned if
I can get him to release:)   Boy, wouldn't I love to take him out on the field
and try to prove people wrong.  I just don't have the time or opportunity to
focus on Sch, OB and the Breed ring at the same time.
People assume that we don't do--because we don't have.  We don't do--because
everything takes time, and to do each forum properly is complicated.  There are
those wo can.  I can't quite figure out how.  I work from 7:30 to 4:30, go to
dog practice in the evening, church events several times a week, plus parent
conferences, after school programs, etc.  How would I manage?

 Denise W.
http://www.showgermanshepherds.info
for show and performance
(join my site ring-follow the link)