[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ferrum and History of the breed and breeders

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:07:11 -0800

I can tell you this.
Jo-Ann designed our web site.   Now myself and my son in law maintain it as she
helped me
reach that point.......but I keep her name on at the bottom as the originator
of our site.   She
was an awesome talent and yet did  everything as I wanted it with sound advice
and was very
co operative and easy to work with.
I can also tell you that I asked her at that time if she would incorporate her
Select GSD site on my
site since BOSS was on there along with a couple others from him........and she
adamantly said
ABSOLUTELY NOT!     She created it and it was hers and absolutely not to share
with anyone.
If anyone wanted to look at it.........they had to go through her site!!
I don't think I would do that......she was very seriously opposed to any of her
stuff being used
or copied.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  From: Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx> To:
shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx
  Cc: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 11:26:43 AM

  I don't know Morgan I think the site owners did, they may be out of shepherds
now.
  So I hope the PC Web folks can negotiate with these folks to add it to our
GSDREVIEWED site

  From: Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: lollark@xxxxxxx
  Cc: "Da List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 12:47 PM

  Karen, I don't believe there is a more current book. The web has made much
  of this info available to all. I would suggest looking at the GSDREVIEWED
site
  under breed information on the parent club site. And of course you can trace
  through the selects from the nationals for the last 10 years or so.
  The ferrum/8m site is still up and running and lists selects for the past
40-50
  years or so.

  http://www.ferrum.8m.com/selgsds/index.html

  The pedigree database also has some nice complete information as well