[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fence climbers, poop, vets, rescue dogs & Bad neighbors

  • From: "Katherine Heckman" <KHeckman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 11:08:32 -0400

Everyone is very familiar with the old rescue dog, Paw, I adopted from
Jarnee.  Here is his update?
Paw is doing so much better.  He is eating well.  I put him on a
holistic food called Eagle Pack, fish and sweet potato.  He loves it and
after about a month, he finally has SOLID POOP!  I don?t think I have
ever been so excited to see poop like that.  As for his sickly spell?we
have no idea what it was, maybe just pure exhaustion for the foster dog
being here.  I have found another vet.  He seems much easier to work
with, and willing to help and discuss issues you feel are important.
Which brings me to my next point?
Willow?the rescue foster.  She is such a sweetie, but at the same time,
she makes me want to pull ALL of my hair out.  I think I may have
discovered how she ended up in the shelter.  She is a fence JUMPER!  I
have only a 4ft. fence around my yard, and she can clear it with one
quick leap, or if she is feeling lazy, I have seen her climb it.  Now,
as soon as I call her, she is back over in my yard.  This is a problem.
My not so nice neighbors have 2 very cute black lab puppies, and they
love to play with Willow, and she them.  The problem is the owner.  She
thinks Willow will kill them.  I have tried to explain it to her, they
are playing, but she won?t listen.  She has threatened to call animal
control.  So, poor Willow must stay inside and in her crate unless I am
home and can take her outside and say out with her.  We walk daily,
unless it?s raining, and pay ball until I drop (she never seems to get
tired).  Anyone have a suggestion how to stop the fence climbing (short
of putting up a higher fence)?  I would love to see her adopted to a
nice family and be the only dog.  If you know of anyone looking, have
them contact me.

Have a great Sunday!

Kathy H.

9:36 PM