[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Favorite win or dog accomplishment

  • From: <ricknaudra@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 6:47:04 -0700

First would have to be judging the junior and senior showmanship classes at the
Pima County fair and at the Arizona State fair multiple times. Since 4-H is
where I started showing and raising animals and it was great feeling for me to
be in center of the ring at those events. The competition was fierce!

In the fall of 2006 I was asked to show a Border Collie CH. Sterling Phoenix PT
- "Zinj". I had never shown a BC before and I finished him in no time. By the
end of the year we ended up getting an invite to the AKC/ Eukanuba National
Championship! It was a hoot running around on that blue carpet and getting to
see Michael Lynch!

Showing and finishing Will Guerry’s CH. GoldSky's Lil' Heaven Callisto
"Heaven". The road trips with Will are always an event to not be passed up.
Good times are had by all!!!

Showing Carol Weale’s Sel. CH. Danka's Dream Catcher v Stoyland "Chase" to
multiple breed wins and a group 1 while Nancy was down with her broken ankle.
What a whirlwind that was! Thanks Carol, that was very memorable and fun! Yeah,
and looking back I’d have to say that even the ‘red eye’ to Ventura was a
blast! :o)

Rick Haase
www.gsdca.org
www.gsdcsaz.org