[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Favorite dog names

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx, Show List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 06:38:14 -0700

It is really interesting to hear the story behind dogs' names... because
there always is one! <grin>

Your mention of the sable puppy brought this story to mind..
a couple of years ago, I had a litter that I decided was going to be my
"Fire" litter.. (not sure why) one became Flare and another was named
Inferno---
Inferno is sable, so her obvious call name had to be "Scorch"...I ask
you...what looks more like "scorched" than a sable?? To make this
granddaughter related, Piper loves Scorch.. and calls all the dogs
"Scorch"!!! (Except for our male Jessie James - she says he is the bestest
dog in the whole world!)For the longest time, all GSDs were "Jessie James"
to her...
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com/scorch.htm