[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Favorite Dog childrens books

  • From: "LEE SMITH" <ladyaramis1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 16:54:21 -0400

I loved Albert Payson Terhune's books. I read them all as a child, but I
don't think they were in bookstores even in the 1950s. My mother ran the
used book sales, which was immense, for our local American Field Service, so
I spend many an afternoon sorting through hundreds of used books. I still
have a pretty decent collection of Terhune's book.

I will say one thing -- they are not politically or socially correct by a
long shot. The dog training techniques are awful. Occasionally, I read one
of them again, and I see how far we've come socially.

Lee Smith