[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Favorite Dog childrens books

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 19:58:59 GMT

When I was young Albert Payson Terhune was my favorite author!  I'm old now and
still like his books.
In addition to the other great dog book mentioned:
Morris Frank's FIRST LADY OF THE  SEEING EYE (Amazon has it)
Kate DiCamillo's BECAUSE OF WINN-DIXIE (Amazon) - very simplistic but still a
good read
Jack Canfield, et al's CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE DOG LOVER'S SOUL (Amazon) - nice
collection of short stories.
I've NEVER read it but have always wanted to since it sounds good - Peter C.
Jones - HERO DOGS:  100 TRUE STORIES OF DARING DEEDS (Amazon)

Not a dog book, but when I was a kid Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, THE YEARLING
(Amazon) was one of my all time favorite books.

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/arycrest - Link to The Hooligans Albums