[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Faults verses virtues

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:25:43 +0000

You are right, Ann.
This is the one thing that AKC impresses on their judges......
First of all, maintain TYPE......NEVER fault judge.

Some people seem to understand that concept and some don't...
that will make a big difference in judging. -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty
Doerpinghaus -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds -bedkar@xxxxx -Visit our Website:
 www.bedkargsd.com > Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 07:21:05 -0800> From:
edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Faults verses virtues> To:
showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx> > Hi Jessica, I would put up
the outstanding dog. I have a dog right now that is beautiful in breed type,
character and has a side gait to die for, but he is cow hocked. He has been
beaten by mediocre dogs that have none of his outstanding attributes. I have a
litter from him, out of a bitch that is very correct in the rear and all the
puppies are very clean going away. > Ann Home of Sel Ex # 6 Ch Maxwell, Sel Ex
Ch Gilley and #1 Dam Muggles - owner/breeder of 69 champions and 19 ROMs> ---
On Thu, 11/20/08, Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > From:
Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Faults
verses virtues> To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008,
10:00 AM> > So here's a question and I think I have posed it before.> > If you
were judging inside the ring.... You have a class of middle of the road>
animals but you have one outstanding dog with one major fault - say rear...
This> dog has wonderful shoulders, topline, correct GSD temperament, etc...
Would you> be able to get your ego out of the way and use that dog, or would
you use one of> the mediocre dogs who has NOTHING to offer the breed?> > Think
about it - you might not have that opportunity, but if you did - how> would YOU
handle it - both judging to the standard and to the welfare of the> breed.> >
Some years ago, we placed a liver dog in a show home - beautiful breed type,>
wonderful temperament and AWESOME shoulders in a breed where good shoulders>
lack. Taylor finished his championship incredibly fast and was a BIS/BISS
winner> and the sire of one of the all-time top stud dogs in our breed. He lost
once> under a judge who told us that she just couldn't use a dog with cowhocks
as> it was a major fault in the breed, although he did have wonderful
shoulders.> > We're supposed to be judging breeding stock - yes, faults are
faults, but> virtues are what lead to excellence in a breed....> > And there is
NOTHING I hate more than fault judges as all it leads to is> mediocrity.> >
JMHO..> Jess M.Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie,
CGC,> TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC>
_________________________________________________________________> Windows Live
Hotmail now works up to 70% faster.>
http://windowslive.com/Explore/Hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_faster_112008>

is Copyrighted 2008. All material remains the property of the original> author
and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind> are
permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of the> Showgsd-l
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE
FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY> MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON
SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION> OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE
LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND> IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS
OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For assistance, please contact the
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
http://showgsd.org> NATIONAL BLOG - http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>
POST is Copyrighted 2008. All material remains the property of the original
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
http://showgsd.org> NATIONAL BLOG - http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>