[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fault judging

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 22:59:26 EST

In a message dated 1/13/2006 8:04:01 P.M. Central Standard Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
I'll take a stab at it Fred,since the term is common around all  breed
shows.
It seemly means that to some judges,particularly  if they don't know the
breed ,will judge looking for faults  for that breed,and the dog with the
fewest
faults wins. It's  a" backassward" way of judging,but then judges who judge
like
that  are usually not good judges anyway. They judge negatively instead  of
positively--looking for the bad instead of the good. And  most of them don't
know  they are doing it And sometimes they  luck out and get the right dog.
Hope
this helps

That's a great way to interpret it Helen.   I have  seen many do
this......instead of having the plus and minus to a dog, its  all the minuses
and the one
with the least amount wins.   Amazing to  me when this type of judge does
find the right  dog.   Its not only ones that do not know the breed, have seen
few specialty judges that appear to do the same thing and should know
better.   Back to knowledge, interpretation and education.
Molly

Trillia  German  Shepherds