[ SHOWGSD-L ] Farewell Tom my friend and mentor

  • From: Love4027@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 18:44:49 EDT

I guess i sort of saw it coming.    He just did not look  that great at the
Futurity in Southern New Jersey and then at the Massachusetts  shows... he
taught me so much about German Shepherds.   He really took  "double handling"
an art form.     He was  absolutely the very very best at it.  While everyone
else is running around  the ring he would accomplish more with just a look or a
click or a stare.   He elevated me to heights i never dreamed of in german
shepherds.    The last two shows i attended with him were  my Apollo's Maturity
win at  Southern New Jersey  and then finishing his championship up in
Massachusetts a few weeks later.  Even George said how ecstatic he was over
those
victories.  He engineered my very first national class win with  Rainbow; then
two years later  my very first select champion with her. I  hope i am not out
of line saying this but i feel there should be some sort of  National award in
his name each year for the best Double  Handler.    I am so saddened by this
and have shed some tears  today..   At the same time i feel very fortunate to
have been in his  small circle of friends, and clients.      It was  almost an
elite club and the people i met through him were all first  rate.  My heart
goes out to Maria, Sandy, Debbie and all the beautiful  dogs they take care of
every day.    May God Bless you all and  give you the strength you will need
to go forward.      Farewell Tommy,  my friend and mentor. Life just wont be
the same without  you around    All the  best        Dominic Yanni