[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Family Traits

  • From: Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx, patsgsdpups@xxxxxxxxx, murk@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 07:00:56 -0700 (PDT)

My girl Leah, and several of her kids, and grandkids all share her traits of
loving balls/toys, water, talking when they want your attention, and food
drive.  Leah ATTACKS water, hoses, sprinklers, anything assossiated with water.
 She BITES the water, paws the hoses, digs at the hose, etc. does the same
thing with vacums as well (thankfully I stopped vacumming a few years ago :))
If you walk outside, I have Leah and her daughters ALL carrying a ball in their
mouths, whining/talking, begging me to throw the ball.  I could be out there an
hour and Leah at 8 would still be roaring to play ball.  In the house, Leah
squeaks her squeaker toys constantly, NO balls are allowed in the house since
if they are we would have balls dropped on our laps constantly.  Food
motivavtion is the #1 training tool for all of her kids, and most of her
grandkids.  If there is food, their focus is totally on you.  I have gotten
many the phone/call and pictures of her kids and grandkids doing these
 same things.  When I tell them Leah and her daughter Ava does many of the same
behavaiors their owners are shocked since they thought it was just "their"
dogs.  I have even gotten complaints from one owner whose first dog was from
me, and due to their impatitence I of wanting a 2nd dog "now" I refereed them
out, and now they complain to me that thier new addition(from another breeder)
is NOT ball, toy, food crazy since after they got my dog they thought ALL
shepeherds were like that...NOPE.

Ann Marie
  www.geocities.com/amarigermanshepherds/Amari.html
  Home of Ch Fairway's Leah v Nadelwald TC OFA
R/Best in Futurity Ch Amari's Ava Gardner TC OFA
Ch Amari's Beware of Foxy Roxy CGC (Group placer)
  Breeder/Owner of
  Ch Amari's Bandit of Broadcreek (Multiple Group Placer)
  Amari's Cinderlla von Hornberger (pointed @ 11 months)

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.