[ SHOWGSD-L ] Family Traits

  • From: "Terry Reed" <terryr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 19:22:09 -0400

Family traits can be interesting.
Trait 1:  Dogs peeing in their empty food dish.
I have a full brother and sister and another sister from a previous breeding
who pee in their food dish when they are done eating.  The male was at the
vet one time and I called to see how he was doing.  They said fine but they
were concerned because he hadn't peed.  So I told them to leave his empty
food dish in with him.... BINGO

Trait 2:  Lower Molars that are turning sideways to the outside of the
mouth.  I have a brother and sister who are experiencing this.  Their, gums
were swollen and it almost looks like the bone in the jaw is the problem and
not just the tooth.  I have had dental cleaning done but they aren't going
back into position.
I would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced either of these
two things... or maybe others.
Terry
Touchstone German Shepherds
www.touchstonegsd.esmartweb.com