[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fair, honest and reasonable

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 10:54:06 EDT

I have been talking to the List administration. There has been a perception
that Libby, Gary and Patty were removed from the List due to the content of
their posts. That has never been true. There was a problem with providing posts
 to people not on the List. In one case, copies of the forwarded posts were
shown  to me, and convinced me that there were violations.

However, there also have been many hostile and angry posts over the last
year, and often done due to passion and a true belief in the problems of our
club. Those have been allowed until they get to the point of harming others,
then the administrators have shut down the "thread" to protect the other
individuals on this List.  I also have been the subject of those controls  and
many
of the attacks, and admit that the action taken was reasonable.  I  never mind
if someone criticizes me, but I know it can be very harmful to  someone more
sensitive than I am.

Because of the need to protect us, and to keep this List "closed" when  posts
are published it threatens our independence. We need to know we are free  to
post, without it being used against us by someone not subscribed to the  List.
 However, the administration of the List does understand the reason  for the
violation of the rules as to forwarding posts and feels confident the  problem
has been addressed and our members will not continue doing so in the  future.

I have been informed that Patty, Libby and Gary may be restored to the List
and will be encouraged to continue to share with us their information ideas
and  emotions, and avoid violating the List rules. It appears it was never the
intent  of this List to censor anyone, but rather to provide us a forum to
exchange  ideas, theories, information and friendships. We need to stay
vigilant
to  continue to promote our breed, our club, and our members. I also understand
on  request Bill and Ken Tank will also be allowed to rejoin our band of
merry men,  and a few semi-merry women.

Thank you to the administrators for this reconsideration, we need  passionate
members, even if they are not in agreement with us on our  positions.  The
posting of our posts to nonmembers remains a problem to  address if it occurs
in
the future.

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds