[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fading Puppy and survival of the fittest

  • From: DstnGSD1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:01:07 EST

Puppy is still doing better. I'm still giving sub Q fluid only less. She  has
gained . 5 ounce. I must confess I gave a few drops of the liver juice. Can
ya strain that stuff, reheat it. I My vet thinks I'm nuts. My concern is
aspiration i.e. Aspiration pneumonia. She's doing better now an I sure don't
want
to loose her by being over zealous. I just want to mention this puppy was
very vigorous at birth I neglected to notice she was getting pushed off the
nipple by the big guys.and she spent too much time on the heating pad .(85
degrees) thus getting dehydrated So If I didn't have my head up my a.. She
would
have been fine. If she was really weak from birth I may have let her go. I
don't  believe in heroics Thanx again for all the help. I don't monitor the
list
as I  did in the beginning because of all the craziness but its sure nice to
know your  there if I need help jim