[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Factual presentation AKC / Eukanuba Invitational 2009 in Long Beach, Calif.

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ladyaramis1@xxxxxxxxxxx, vsabiab@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 06:38:59 -0800 (PST)

Until hosting clubs of dog events give obedience and agility entries the same
consideration as conformation this will never change. Do you think there was
ever a moment that they considered hosting the conformation outside :0) Bet
not. It goes pretty much like. OK we have enough room for x amount of rings in
the climate controlled area for conformation and I think there is enough room
to have agility and obedience outside. You try to change location to provide
better area for performance and then all of a sudden the conformation folks
pitch a fit saying they want to go watch in case they get a chance. Performance
is what is holding up most clubs because of the growing interest of the public.
The clubs on the other hand look at it as a revenue generator for their
Conformation. Until attitudes change nothing will improve for the performance
folks.
Why was obedience outside at last years national??? Wasn't it because there
were posts in the way so that the rings could not be put up inside the
building?? It was too expensive to move the stalls? What no one thought to
ask???? Or maybe the posts grew over night?  My guess is that stall rentals and
seat rentals at the national are the largest money makers. There is little
incentive to attract preformance entries.
Terry