[ SHOWGSD-L ] FYI AC who then CONFISCATED the dogs(pet transport service)

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, RALEEF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 23:52:25 EDT

I know nothing of this, and haven't researched it at all, but here it is:
Stormy

CROSSPOSTED FROM RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERS OF THE EASTERN STATES

URGENT- Need calls, letters NOW- This is WRONG!!!!

Big Brother has crossed the line, MAJOR!!! A friend of mine's husband, Tony
Self, and a buddy run a pet transport service. They stopped in ILL for gas
and to walk the pups, and the police were called. They showed up with AC who
then CONFISCATED the dogs b/c the kennels were dirty. Now mind you, they had
been on the road and stopped to walk the dogs and clean the kennels. The
local area is publicizing that they BUSTED A DOG FIGHTING RING, and is using
Bush's recent bill, transporting across state lines, against them! These
dogs do not even belong to them, they were just transporting them!! The
article put out is full of garbage, except for the fact they can't afford to
get out of jail and the dogs will probably not be returned.
We need major letters and calls going in here.... just think, you are
traveling to a dog show with YOUR dogs loaded up. You stop to walk them and
your puppy had an accident. This is not proof you are a dog fighter, nor
should you lose all your dogs and go straight to jail over this!!
Here is the contact info:

Animal Welfare League in Chicago Ridge
10305 Southwest Highway
Chicago Ridge, IL 60415
Phone: 708.636.8586
Fax: 708.636.9488

Burbank Police Department
Chief of Police: Bruce Radowicz
5650 W 75th PL
Burbank, Illinois 60459
(708)924-7300

Sherry and Tony Self are involved in weight pull, they are not dog fighters
by ANY means!! I know Brian Bailey had some trouble in the past, but from
what I was told he was wrongly accused. They need our help folks, they did
nothing wrong, and again, the next time you load up to go to a show, this
could happen to YOU!!

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs