[ SHOWGSD-L ] FWD:Need to Top Levine's 10,000 Letters. Focus on Perata, Yee, Romero & Migden

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 14:50:15 EDT

My thought was that a few rooms of people sat down with a phone book and the
letters, but I doubt if the committee consultant will go through verifying the
signatures, so let's do it correctly. FAX, Call.   In State or out!   My
calls were answered yesterday, but by very harried staff members. Be polite,
state
"I strongly Oppose AB1634, with amendments dated 6/27/07" and smile a Thank
you.
THANKS

 Updated 6/29/07
Ken Burton

** Please forward as appropriate. May not be appropriate for lists due
to infiltration by AR **

A word about the sample format letters we sent you on 6/28. The fax # in
bold across the top of the letter is the Committee's, in this case Peter
Detwiler's. Fax numbers for all the addressees and cc lists, including
the Committee Chair are listed at the bottom of the sample letters.

We were just getting ready to send this email our yesterday when we
received the following message from Cyndi Dell:
> The committee consultant encourages letters and is mad as Levine just
> dumped 10,000 letters of Support on their desk. Write in triplicate!!!!
> Do not slack off the letters as per AKC and Jeff Leacox have
> suggested. That was something misconstrued. 10,000 will be a lot to
> live up too. And while it sounds like a wild estimate, I think maybe
> it isn't. We will have the petpac petition pages too. (one for each
> signature) so be sure everyone signs that as well... More paper to
> wheel in.
> Cyndi Dell
> Please be sure everyone we know writes the committee.
We did some checking. We think most, if not all 10,000 of Levine's
letter look like the attached "AR_1634letter.pdf" form letter.
Nonetheless, 10,000 is an impressive number that we need to overcome in
kind. Not only do we need to write and send our letters to the Committee
Consultant by July 2 (in case they have a short day July 3), and to all
the Senators on the Committee, we need to actively collect signatures on
form letters to top Levine's 10,000 by an impressive margin! For lack of
a ready alternative, we condensed parts of the latest NAIA article into
a 1-page form letter "Form Letter Opposition 06-29-07.pdf" (attached).
If you like the format, please print copies and collect signatures in
you neighborhood, your vet's office, grocery store, anywhere, but be
sure to collect the copies. Following the AR's format, the person Must
Sign and Print his/her Name and Zip code. Address and Email are
optional.

!!!!!Contact PetPAC <http://www.petpac.net/contact/> to arrange to
get the signed copies to them so they can deliver to the Committee
Consultant and the Senators.!!!!! (Emphasis mine sh)

Lesley Brabyn wrote:
> Send letters to ALL the Senators. I just found out that if the
> Democrat leader thinks that one of the three Dems on the Committee is
> going to vote for the bill, he can replace that person with someone he
> knows WILL vote for it. Unbelievable, but I've had it verified several
> times by people who should know.

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs