[ SHOWGSD-L ] FW: THE BBS/ and GSD PR

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 13:21:04 -0700

ABSOLUTELY YES!!    That has long been one of the problems with this 'white
issue'.    We are wasting
so much time for the Board and all of us on something that is already decided
and 'set'  since the '60s'
Give it to the AKC and WALK AWAY!!
Let's get on with our Breed and begin to take care of failing Clubs, new
owners, issues that concern those who
are actively showing and supporting the Club and the Breed Standard  like
Amateur Futurities, National sites,
Breeders being called 'puppy mills' by the public,  etc.... now see Stormy's
post on a Calif. spay neuter ordinance.
These are the real issues we need to be involved in...i.e....SUPPORTING our
BREED and our BREED STANDARD!

Great post Nancy as always.    Thank you!!

Carolyn   marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

The German Shepherd Dog is the #2 popular breed in the US and has been for
considerable time.  Where do so many
of these German Shepherds come from?   Are we, as a National Club,  looking for
ways to “reach out” to these owners
and breeders, are we looking for ways to ‘engage’ these owners/breeders?
Should promotion and reaching out be one of our priorities?

Nancy Harper-Mulvaney

From: Linda Bankhead <lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx>To: wynsum <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
 IMO Carmen was really flown in to stop the request for BBS to approach AKC.
We would all like to know WHO paid for his hotel and airfare.
Once this was asked; the discussion was moved to a closed session.
 (I was on the conference call; this is not hearsay).
 <mailto:Lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx> Lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx
Sent from my iPad
Linda
 <mailto:Bankhead44@xxxxxxxxx> Bankhead44@xxxxxxxxx
> On Mar 21, 2015, at 10:22 AM, Doc Zoe < <mailto:wynsum@xxxxxxx>
> wynsum@xxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> The BBS has been a breed recognized world wide for well over a
decade.  It is not a new breed > being created. It is recognized as a
breed in Puerto Rico - a US territory

> The BBSA is importing these from Findland,Switzerland, Germany
> They tried to get the AKC to register them as BBS.  Many were attempted
> and added to the > GSD, colour white.  Many of those
registrations have been pulled and re-registered in Puerto > Rico.

> Iremember my 10th grade Bio teacher making the following statement the first
> day
of class>
> He said organisms have 3 choices in resopnse to their
environment

> 1. ADAPT (mutate)
> 2. Migrate
> 3. Die
>
> The two
largest White groups have select adapt.  The two smaller white groups have
selected
> migrates
>
> If my memory serves me correctly, the AKC has allowed a breed to be formed
from a genetic > defect and disqualifying fault.
The Aussie people were breeding miniatures and they are now > their own breed.
This is a very recent occurance.  Bob Grady would have more on this.
> The breed is in the FSS as the Minature American Shepherd and assigned the
> Herding
Group  > designation.

> In 1978 Doris Cordova, a horse woman in Norco,California, began a breeding
> program
> specifically to produce very small breed founded with Australian Shepherds.
Her foundation stud > was Cordova's Spike. Spike was placed with Bill and Sally
Kennedy,
also of Norco, California,to > continue to develop a line of smaller dogs under
the
B/S kennel name.Another horseman, Chas > Lasater of Valhalla Kennels, soon
joined the
ranks ofmini breeders. In the 1980s fanciers > formed member clubs (North
American
Miniature Australian Shepherd Club of the USA and the > Miniature Australian
Shepherd Association) and registries to promote the smaller dogs in particular.