[ SHOWGSD-L ] FW: Support of GSD by Design, your choice

  • From: Lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (the list)
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 03:10:17 +0000

From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Support of GSD by Design, your choice
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 00:14:40 +0000

In a message dated 11/8/07 6:46:59 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Ed is a very caring person who I consider a friend and regard very highly.
Many of us do. I will defend his honor for this reason.

I didn't need to respond to this, but I have been troubled by something said
to me last year about Ed, so here it is.

I agree with Linda. I have total respect and admiration for Ed Barrett and I
am honored to call him a friend. I heard about the roast of him on a web
site, and because of my respect for Ed, I did not read it. I think if you do
not
want to read something that might offend you, the easiest thing to do is,
just don't read it. I will fight for the right of people to say what they
believe or think, and I also will insist for the right not to read it. It is
an
easy solution. I don't tell others what to say, and I don't insist they read
what I write.

I know a number of people who delete anything I post, and I admire them for
that decision, and respect them for their perspicacity.

As for what I heard, I was told that this would be Ed's last national to
judge. I truly hope that is not true, and I plan to vote for him again in three
years. He does a great job, looks good doing it, and always has the best
animals in the ring at the end. That is all I want from a judge, and so let's
look forward to the next national, and we need to stop reading stuff we don't
want to see.

I get posts all the time that say; "This will make you cry." Not me, I just
delete them. Why would I want to read something to make me sad? If I want
to do that, I will read my own posts.

Evan (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

MANNER
ALL