[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: FW: See you at the Bridge

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: bld4@xxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:04:31 EDT

Kathy, I'm terribly sorry for your family's loss.  I'm so inspired  with
your act of kindness though.  It was wonderful that this senior guy  was taken
in and loved.

It is awful to watch dogs age, pretending not to see the telltale signs as
they get slower and perhaps a little less responsive, yet we sign up for
that  with every exciting puppy we have high hopes for and grow out.  Most  of
the time we're lucky and we have many years before having to make a tough
call.

It was selfless of your family to take on a burden that wasn't theirs
knowing full well the hurt that would come sooner, rather than  later. Kudos!

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 10/26/2009 6:48:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

From: bld4@xxxxx
To:  showgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: See you at the Bridge
Date: Mon, 26 Oct  2009 22:40:16 +0000

Ch. Trinity Centarus V  Hallmark left us this morning.  (7/7/98-10/26/09
CH. Jagan's  Valentino ROM-Asgard's Ashlee of Sunnybee ROM))  Many of you may
remember  him as the Ch that was dumped in a shelter a year and a half ago.
 He has  lived with my daughter Sarah and son-in-law for the last year and
a  half.  Yesterday he threw up blood and we took him down to the emergency
vet clinic.  Blood work did not raise any flags and so he was sent home
with us.  We were very pleased with how he was doing and the look in his
eyes.  Around 5:30 this morning my daughter called and said he was very  cold
and not very responsive.  Back to our regular vet this morning, but  it was
decided, given the look of the X-rays that we would just let him  go.  Our
vet's best guess was cancer.  Solo is buried under a very  large tree next to
the horses that he loved.  Colby placed a stick  between his paws and told
him to enjoy the streams.  (That dog would go  after sticks in the water all
day.)  He was
very loved and will  be missed more than words can say.

Kathy

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org