[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: FW: SC--SENATOR dumps pregnant Germ Shep dog in kill shelt...

  • From: PamJB1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 19:09:54 EDT

What this guy did is beyond belief and totally irresponsible. However,  it
worries me that there is a good chance the ARistas will  jump all over this not
for what the guy morally should have done though a rescue  or spaying, but as
an example to further their MSN agendas. I may be  floundering out in left
field, but if this isn't handled right  then PETA and HSUS will be boasting how
they could have stopped this.
That's just my two cents.
Pam and the pack

In a message dated 4/2/2008 9:39:47 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
VSabiaB@xxxxxxx writes:
more  info on this so called SENATOR with pic of the dog and her ~sob~...
owner

please xpost widely

Incidentally: The Mullins SPCA  shelter director is the son of a "political
connection" of Senator  Williams......

Senator Kent M. Williams
District 30 -  Dillon, Florence, Marion & Marlboro Cos.
Contact Address:
(H)
4205 Stirk Place, Marion, 29571

Bus.
(843)  423-3904
(843) 362-0307
(C)
602 Gressette Bldg., Columbia,  29201

Bus.
(803) 212-6008

E-Mail Address:  _WILLIAMSK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:WILLIAMSK@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

_more photos here:_
(http://picasaweb.google.com/brianpatti/SenatorWilliamsPregnantDog)    (She
was brought to the Marion County Animal Shelter to be put to
sleep..)

Dear Fellow Dog Lovers,
I  am writing to you to ask you to consider writing a letter to the local
newspapers and calling the office of Senator Kent Williams of South
Carolina. He
had  picked up by Animal Control his very pregnant  German Shepherd Dog and
taken to the Mullins, South Carolina shelter a few  days before Easter.  She
had
puppies 4 days later. This might be a  great opportunity to highlight the
need
for responsible dog ownership in  the south, and for the importance of
spay/neuter. If anyone is interested  in setting up protests outside the fine
senator's
offices, I would be  happy to help set that up, too.
The fine Senator's office address  and phone number:

602 Gressette Bldg., Columbia, 29201
Bus.   (803) 212-6008
E-Mail Address: _WILLIAMSK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (mailto:WILLIAMSK@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

Local newspapers:
_mimim@xxxxxxxxxx  (mailto:mimim@xxxxxxxxx)   Ms. Maddock, Exec Editor,
Columbia  Star
_editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
_news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
_stateeditor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:stateeditor@xxxxxxxxxxxx)  Letters  to the
Editor

My letter:
"Dear Editor:
I am writing about a  terrible situation that has come to my attention
through
a dog rescue.  Senator Kent Williams, District 30, coldly and irresponsibly
dropped his  very pregnant German Shepherd Dog at a local animal shelter.
This is
disgraceful on several levels: there is NO excuse for the Senator to have
failed to spay his dog if he didn't want the
responsibility of raising  puppies, and to dump his family dog off in a kill
shelter to be  heartlessly killed, or to have her puppies and have them be
possibly  killed too, is just heartbreaking.
Instead of dumping his dog in such a  disgraceful and cold act, Senator Kent
Williams should be working to fund  spay/neuter programs at low cost for the
community and finding solutions  to the tens of thousands of young
and healthy dogs put to death in South  Carolina shelters every year.  Any
responsible person can see that  the dog situation in the state is a disgrace
and
needs to be addressed  immediately. The senator chose to be part of the
problem, rather than be  part of the solution. He should be ashamed of
himself, and I
hope he  reconsiders his attitude toward this situation.

Regards,
Nancy  Dunn
Lake George"

**************Planning  your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.

POST  is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the original
kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE -  www.showgsd.org