[ SHOWGSD-L ] FW: Re: How I plan to do it/GR CH

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 17:12:32 +0000

 -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
 -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds
 -bedkar@xxxxx
 -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com

From: bedkar@xxxxx
To: campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx; brendarogers2@xxxxxxx
CC: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How I plan to do it/GR CH
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 17:08:51 +0000

Yes, you are correct.

Maybe the problem is that judges think they have to award Gr. Ch. points
to some one.  NO NO NO...you do not have to.

When judging the BOB class just pick the animal you think is the best of
the entire entry (on that day), then pick BOS.  BOW does not enter into this.

If you think your BOB is an exceptional specimen (and a CH.), then award them
the Gr Ch. points.  If you think it is just average, you have the option of
withholding
Gr Ch points.  It is then logical to assume that if your BOB (Ch) is just
average,
the other Ch specimens are also...and no one gets GrCh. points.

However, if you are lucky, you could possibly have an entry of 6 to 8 CH.
that are incredible specimens of the breed (one can only dream).  These are
dogs/bitches
that are possibly multi specialty winners or frequesntly win Groups or an
occasional BIS.
These are the breed represenatives that make everyone proud.
The Grand Champion program gives the judge the option to award not only BOB and
BOS
but, also, to another dog and bitch that are (in the judges opinion) as worthy
on any given
day.  This is no different than what we do at the National Specialty Show.

If you award WD or WB Best of Breed, you CAN NOT award them Gr. Ch.
points.......however,
any CH's. entered can still be considered for BOS, Select dog or Select bitch
(one of each)
and may, at the judges discretion, be awarded Gr. Ch. points.
SO, IT IS POSSSIBLE FOR BEST OF BREED NOT TO BE AWARDED GR. CH. POINTS BUT FOR
BEST OPPOSITE AND SELECTS TO BE AWARDED GR. CH. POINTS.

If WD is BOB and WB is BOS, it is still possible to award Gr. points to a
Select dog and Select
bitch, again, at the judges discretion.

Important to remember:
Just because a dog/bitch is a champion does not mean it deserves to be a Grand
Champion.