[ SHOWGSD-L ] FW: NYTimes.com: Why German Shepherds Have Had Their Day

  • From: Claire Drosdick <avionkennels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dalenemcintire@xxxxx>, Kerry Southern <vonsudlich@xxxxxxx>, <kris.christian@xxxxxxxxx>, Sue Lapinski <earsup1@xxxxxxx>, Terry & Larry Rock <trocknroll@xxxxxxx>, todd cosper <cosper.todd@xxxxxxxxx>, the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 12:21:12 -0700

 A friend who lives in Bahrain forwarded this from the NY Times.  We should
give it some consideration and weed out those irresponsible breeders who flood
the market with the dog of the moment, while self-policing to make sure we are
breeding only the dogs and bitches that have characteristics worth repeating.
I know we are all tempted at times to be kennel blind, but if you have to breed
yourself out of a problem, why start with it?  Anyway, I thought it worth
thinking about in our post-National planning and it is worth a spot in our club
newsletters. Claire DrosdickAvion Kennels

OPINION

| October 09, 2011

Opinion:
Why German Shepherds Have Had Their Day

By SUSAN ORLEAN

The German shepherd's decline in popularity is good news for its fans, because
irresponsible breeding practices will drop as well.

Copyright 2011
 The New York Times Company | Privacy Policy