[ SHOWGSD-L ] FW: FAKC Grassroots Legislative Workshop

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:41:10 -0700 (PDT)

(PLEASE cross-post to your other groups and share with your friends and
club members - there are still seats available at each Workshop but space
is -limited- so PLEASE register to attend NOW)
====================================

I am writing to remind you that there are -3- "Grassroots Legislative
Workshops" scheduled to be held across the state by the Florida Association of
Kennel Clubs' (FAKC).

We have ALL seen recently the kinds of legislation that the animal rights
groups have been able to have introduced, and  we know how much effort it
took to defeat these proposed bills.

Rest assured that the same kinds of legislation and MORE will be waiting
for us next year and we MUST PREPARE to do everything that we can to defend our
rights to responsibly breed and own pets in Florida!

Please.... cross-post this information on the Workshops to your
other animal groups and clubs. Dogs, cats, birds, horses, ALL of our pets are
or
will be 'under the gun' literally in the very near future and we MUST BE
PREPARED to fight this battle at the local, state, and national levels!

Call your friends... email your club members... and do whatever you can to
SPREAD THE WORD that we MUST educate ourselves in order to respond to anti-pet
and anti-animal legislation in the future. These Workshops and informed,
involved, dedicated animal lovers such as ourselves are the BEST DEFENSE
against
losing the right to breed, show, and even to own animals in
Florida.

Please- register NOW to attend and BE THERE at the Workshops to
learn the best and most effective ways to communicate to YOUR Legislators that
the animal rights agenda does NOT represent the best interests of animal owners
and fanciers in the State of Florida!

Tim Golden, Hillsborough County Florida Dog Fanciers

Florida
Association of Kennel Clubs
 Legislative Workshops
Set Throughout
State

Tallahassee
-- Friday, July 17

Tampa --
Sunday, July 26

Jupiter -- Tuesday, July 28

Sign Up Now!

The Florida Association of Kennel Clubs is presenting three
Grassroots Legislative Workshops: the first one in Tallahassee on Friday, July
17;  a second one in Tampa on Sunday, July 26; and a third one in Jupiter
on Tuesday, July 28; to educate pet owners and breeders about fighting anti-dog
and anti-breeder legislation in Florida's legislature and municipal
governments.
Click on the city names above to download the flyers for
each workshop.  The Tampa workshop is set for the day after the AKC
Breeders Symposium at the University of South Florida.
Speakers scheduled at the FAKC workshops will include Juhan and
Pat Mixon, of Mixon and Associates, who will give a presentation on effective
lobbying, Patti Strand, chairman of the National Animal Interest Alliance
(NAIA,
and Leah James.
Come to one or come to all three!  Tell your club members
about them, and sign up now.

"Human
beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the
experience
of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do
so.â??  - Douglas Adams