[ SHOWGSD-L ] FW: Another stage in Josie's journey is complete...new champion!

  • From: Claire Drosdick <avionkennels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rex hamilton <rh_21176@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:52:42 -0700

Subject: Another stage in Josie's journey is complete...new champion!
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:43:32 -0700
From: Kris.Christian@xxxxxxxxx
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: Christian_Jennifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; avionkennels@xxxxxxxxxxx;
fonsecagsd@xxxxxxx; fanomemo@xxxxxxxxxxx; lindseywendel@xxxxxxxxxxx;
WITMS@xxxxxxx; Glasspal1@xxxxxxx; TRocknroll@xxxxxxx

Hi All,

I hope your weekend was excellent! Mine was. Yesterday Josie finished her
American championship!

She is now BIF Am & Can CH Avion Josephine of Pioneer Acres OFA H&E. She
finished with all majors in both rings.

Her showing career has been very limited (because of my limited time to take
her to shows) and I am very grateful to the nice comments she has received and
the warm reception I have received from the fancy. The shows are fun and the
parties after even more so!

Here is a re-cap of her show career:
·         2nd 6-9 mos puppy at the Canadian National under Fran Ford
·         1st 6-9 mos puppy at the US National under Bob Kish
·         BIF mid-Pacific under Sheree Moses
·         1st senior maturity bitch under Terry Hower
·         RWB under Jennifer Root at GSDC British Columbia
·         WB, BOW 1st major under Lew Bunch at GSDC Greater Eugene Oregon
·         WB, BOW, BOB, Group 2 at Langley BC
·         WB, BOW, BOB, Group 2 at Kamloops Kennel Club twice to finish her
Canadian Championship
·         WB, BOW, BOB 5 point major under Kay Reamensynder at The Great Salt
Lake GSDC
·         WB, BOW, BOB 5 point major under Kevin Reynolds at Bonneville Basin
Kennel Association
·         Group 2 under Diane Francis at Bonneville Basin Kennel Association
·         WB, BOW 4th major under Jacqueline Stacy at the Richland Kennel Club
to finish her American Championship

This was all possible because of the help of many people. Here is the short
version:

Josie?s co-breeders, Susan Witmer and Robert Van Winkle, who gave me CH
Vanderwerth Liv Tyler of Witmer OFA H&E when I agreed to finish her
championship. When Liv finished this gave her father CH Clayfield Andre Segovia
his ROM.   I couldn?t ask for a better foundation bitch than Liv. From one
litter Liv already has two qualifiers and one in the wings. Josie?s sister,
Sealstone?s Umatilla of Pioneer Acres OFA H&E is one win away from her
championship as well. Her owner Al Phillips is very excited! Josie also has a
brother, Wheeler of Pioneer Acres, who will make his debut in the ring soon as
now I have time for him?

Josie?s co-owners, my wife Jennifer Christian and Claire and Ed Drosdick,
without whose support Josie would have been shown even less! Claire also bred
Josie?s father, Am & Can CH Avion Braeburn OFA H&E. Claire gave me Brae as a 5
month old puppy when I agreed to show him. We both have been very happy with
Brae?s contributions so far. From only two breedings Brae now has two
champions, two who are one win away from finishing, a Canadian champion, and 5
total qualifiers so far towards his ROM. Brae is from a Bull Durham son bred to
a Rollins daughter.

Josie?s trainers and handlers have been great! First there is Jodi Belanger who
trained her to be more than a typey brat! She knows how to use the whole ring
and never let down. Jodi also took over for Jack Kilgore after her National
wins. Jodi guided her to her BIF, Canadian Championship, and to her first major
under Lew. For the second and third majors Gulliermo Fano Santamaria (aka.
FANO) did a masterful job of stepping in when needed. And for the finishing
touch Lindsey Wendel guided her this weekend. Jack is well known and did a
terrific job with her. In case you don?t know the other three, you should, they
are all people of integrity who love dogs and have a gentle touch.

My mentors cannot be overlooked. There are too many to name without missing
important influences?but I want to name four today. Bobby Kindy who has helped
me to understand the german shepherd and being part of the fancy. Terry Rock
who has taught me so much about what it means to be a true professional. Jodi
Belanger who knows more about training dogs than anyone I have ever met. And
last but not least, Al Philips, a true master of breeding animals (he has the
top cat in America) and organizing people. Thanks to you all I am very much in
your debt!

Okay? I can see the hook coming to drag me off the stage! See you ringside soon!

Kris

Kris  and Jennifer Christian
Pioneer Acres

German Shepherd Dogs and Dorset Sheep
kris.christian@xxxxxxxxx
+01-503-949-3236 (mobile)

Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web.  Try  Bing? now
http://www.bing.com?form=MFEHPG&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MFEHPG_Core_tagline_try
bing_1x1