[ SHOWGSD-L ] FW: A Tale of 2 Nationals?

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "SHOW LIST" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 09:49:29 -0700

I don't know...everyone I have talked to IS excited about the
National.  Most of us are working hard to get ready, organized,
trained, in the right weight ( the dogs ) and coat and READY with
WAY over stuffed luggage.
Can't say ANY of us are excited about having to leave a dog  behind
OR a 3 day drive coming and going.  But.. I actually spoke to a friend
in LA that is even happy about that.  Like most of us he is just excited
to be going to the National with a good dog and a chance to see friends
and other dogs again and seeing new Country on the way.
OR ....maybe...he was drinking!!   <G>
Also gotta say...
I've never been around GSD people that are NOT exactly as you have
described below about people with other Breeds.
We loan dryers,  shampoo, treats, etc. to tough competition, help
people change flats, charge batteries, clean show sites that are
not ours...offer space for 'things' and dogs....and help other Clubs
clean up and even set up at times.
Once when caught in Atlanta coming into a National, Delta was
dumping dogs from the connecting flight, as they over-booked dogs, and
some were offering to be the ones dumped for a later flight, etc.
I was actually bringing in someone else's dog for them on my flight.
NOBODY Likes to lose..but I always see handlers shaking hands, saying
good things about the other dog...owners giving hugs to those who beat
them badly...and in terrible rain storms, many standing under one or
two canopies laughing and joking and suffering together.
I literally am not aware of the CONTRAST??
This IS the internet and we can't always read someone's demeanor,
But...I honestly don't think asking questions and hoping for more
information before we leave, is criticizing the Purina show site
facilities?

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com