[ SHOWGSD-L ] FW: [2005 GSDCA NATIONAL COMMENTARY] Wednesday first class, 6-9 puppy bitches

  • From: mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:18:12 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: "SHOWGSD-L"<webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 11/2/05 1:10:46 PM
To: "admin2@xxxxxxxxxxx"<admin2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [2005 GSDCA NATIONAL COMMENTARY] Wednesday first class, 6-9 puppy
bitches

It?s Wednesday and another dog show. I have been talking to Ginnie solving all
the problems for the clus numnb.  Lee Fosland is talking to me, and we were
gong to Troutman?s and the food is terrible so we are looking for some place
else.  I just saw the illustrated standard for he Snauzers, and it looks good.
I just found out they are moving some stuff and will be bringing in a fork lift
to move some stuff, so it should be interesting. This facility is great, and
more excitement today.

The judging has started with some good looking puppies. I see Tedi talking to
Kelly next to me and Jane Kerner is talkign to Liz Osler, (I think that is her
married name).  Ed Barrit just came by and winked at me, and Ken Tank is
waiting to go in the ring. I see Kris Fasano talking on the phone,a nd Susie
Witmer is standing next to her puppy waiting to go in.  Ed is talking to Ken
now, and Flower Boy is ring side. There goes Kent wearing number 228 which is
Zahara arm band.  It is sort of quiet as they do the individuals.

I see Linda Kury, and now some applause, as Georgie goes around. Individuals
are boring.

I was reflecting on all the nationals I have gone to ,and the years that have
gone by. It seems that it happened in a blink of the eye, and now Dave Rinke
comes by.  He sure is tall. Linda is talking about the rescue presentation to
Tony, and it is at noon, and she is going to bring by the information.  I see
Sheryll Brocket giving directions to her signifigant other.  I was just asked
where Paula, not Pamela is, and I spotted her. I am in becoming the information
person.

Kent is talking to Annita,a nd I see Mike Sherman in the ring, and he just
waved at me. Carolyn Martello is standing in front of me now. Ken Tank came by
and is talking to Gionnie, and told me to tell his wife hello.  I know Kathy is
missing him, she told me so. Dave is talking to Pam Stoesser and Dave is now
talking to me. They are bitching about the microphone, and it is obnoxious.  It
seems to be a problem in obedience, and they are trying to shut it off.

The last of the 6-9 puppy bitches is now in the ring. She broke them into small
groups, and in this group are six, so there were a number of groups, when she
finishes she is going to have to start to pick. Debbie looks calm and the crowd
is not into it yet.  I see Frank Frasano talking to Jenn root, who is standing
in front of me.

the pups go around, and Ken is in there with Kent, Scottie and I can?t see the
rest. Tall people are in front of me.  Debbie has a piece of tape up front
where she stacks them so they can be filmed. She is not touching the mouths,
and asks the handler to show her the teeth.  Most of the people are standing on
the ground. You can bet around on three sides.

They have divided the ring into two rings today and it is more manageable.
Flower Boy is feeling better, so he says, and he is talking to Jenn Root. I see
Bill Basu giving direction to Ben Begornia.

Nancy Harber came by to give her best, and she looks good with her new hair
cut. I can?t see much of the ring, as there are people standing in front of the
table. Bart Barkley and Cindy are there, and he has on number 225 which is
Miakoda a bitch, so he must just be waiting to go back in.  Georgie is giving
direction to Ed, who is wearing overalls, but with a t-shirt.  Tiffany just
took a picture of Bart, and she called him ?DAD? and he didn?t turn. Then she
called ?BART? and he looked over.  I wonder what that means.

They have Bill Pfeiffer in a ticket booth ringside, and it is about ten foot by
four foot. He seems to spend some time outside, it looks more like a cell than
anything else.  I see Reggie is here and has grown about two inches this year.
He looks great, and Flower Boy is on his case.  He is in for some preaching
today. Alex Mues just stopped by to shake hands.

The is about done, and here comes Paul Root complaining about Frank?s white
socks. He is wearing a Iowa sweat shirt. They have cleared out in front of me,
so here we go. Debbie is looking at Scottie?s bitch and tells him to take her
around.  She is done with this group, and she is lookign them over, and walks
to the center of the ring, looking over each one as they stack.

She walks to the front,a nd looks at the first bitch and now moves down the
line and pets Ken?s bitch but none of the other. She tells them to take them
around and is giving some directions I can?t hear.  There they go, and she is
standing to look only at one point as they go by, and they take them slow and
easy.  I like who Kent has, Zahara.  She calls for another group. She has the
rest of them in, now the whole class is there.  Debbie is giving them
directions and Bob is checking everyone to make sure they are in order. Today
he has a yellow jacket, we are all waiting for the white suit.

Debbie is walking down the line looking them all over. Laurene is here wearing
number 14, and she looks great. Debbie starts to move them and puts Mickie in
fron then Georgie then Bart, then someone whose name escapes me, (I hate
getting od, then Kent. In front is Alex with Softly then Pattie, then Bill Basu
then Mickie and Georgie, etc. They take them around. The rest get to stand and
watch. I suspect these are her keepers.  Now she wants the rest of them to line
up and go around.
Eight in the keeper group.  Tony is standing and will tell me what is going on,
too many people in front of me now. The rest are out there and she is taking
them around to make sure she didn?t miss anything, I guess.  Lots of nervous
double handlers.  She watches them go around and they fil the ring.

Ginnie told me that they have heard it is a close tie between Lew and me.  I
have real mixed feelings.

Debbie pulled out Diane Brown with Honey Be Good, and the rest take some time
outside the ring to rest. Paul Root is singing songs from Oklahoma.

Debbie goes down her group and tells them to take two trips around.  There they
go, and now the double handling gets loud. Alex, Patty, Bill Mike, George,
Bart, Unknown Kent and Diane, and there goes the second trip.  I like what Kent
has, and they are stil in catalogue order.  Debbie Pulls out Alex, then Patty,
George, Kent and Diane.  This is the happy group.  She set them aside and is
looking at the rest.  Tony just called the 6-9 Puppy dogs.  The back half goes
around Bill Mike Bart and the rest and excuses them, five left.

They line up and Debbie is lookign them over, and has her head down looking up
at them.  Soaring Softly Mati Hari, Honey Be Good, and there they go five of
them, lots of bells and whistles.

Debbie has called it off and first is Soaring Softley of Heinerburg, then
Proven Hill?s Abbey Road, Rosewood?s Mati Hari, and fourth Tr?s Zahara V
Kenlyn. Ginnie wants a copy of this, so I will send it to her.

More to come.

Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

--
Posted by SHOWGSD-L to 2005 GSDCA NATIONAL COMMENTARY at 11/02/2005 01:06:33 PM
.