[ SHOWGSD-L ] FUT. REGION REDUCTION

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx(showgsd-l)>, "Germanshepherds4show" <Germanshepherds4show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:18:37 -0500

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

 Here is something to think about, I know most on the List are going to
want to lynch me after reading the below, but here goes:
1, allow Mexico to nominate and participate in futurities(we want
entries..here is a source. why are dues paying members NOT allowed to
nominate and participate????)
 2) reduce the regions.Probably not popular, but this isn't a popularity
contest and what may be helpful to the fut system may not be to every ones
liking, but we are going to have to learn to roll with the punches,There
would be 5 regions.  so here is an idea for redistribution:
      a)Eliminate the  MA region and divide the states between  the NE, the
other half with the SE,
          SE( Atlantic S. E region) would be Ark, N.C, S.C., Tenn, Miss,
Geo., Alabama, Fl, Louisana  E. Tex( W. Tex goes to SW), PR. Virginia, WV
and Kentucky .
  b) The NE( Atlantic NE region) would be Maine, Verm, Mass, NH, NY, RI,
Conn, NJ, Del, Maryland, Penn.and Quebec( and further east) Canada

.3) Consolidate the MW and GL
        a)GL/MW(The Heartland region) States would be Mich. Ohio,
Indiana,WI  and Minn,Ontario, Canada, Missouri,  Iowa,, Neb, Kansas,
Illinois, N and S Dakota,

 4)Combine the SP and SW( pacific SW region) regions. States would be So.
Ca, Arizona,Colorado.S. Nevada, New Mex, West Texas, OK, all of Mexico,
Hawaii
5 Combine the MP and NW.( pacific NWregion) States would be Wa, Oregon, N.
Cal. N. Nevada., Utah, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Alaska, and BC,
Saskatchewan,Manitoba and Alberta, Canada
6) Regions can vote for their judges..not just the show giving club.The
host club can submit the names their club chooses, then the region
votes..maybe electronically??? with this reduction some regions may need
two judges.

With this reallocation, not just one region suffers from the reduction, but
ALL are changed and or consolidated, plus Mexico is added. Canada is
divided instead of being just part of the NW region. Less weekends
involved, larger entries, shorter span of time for futurities, plus helps
eliminate duplicate dates( two fut. on same weekend) competition with other
specialty clubs. Of course there would be potential for more income for
host clubs but potentially less for handlers!LOL!  Certainly not a perfect
solution. will it draw more people? Probably not, but not certain anything
will for any true duration of time. HOWEVER,  the above does in some way
reflect our need to adapt to our changing times.Change is never easy, but
sometimes you have to do what you have to do in order to keep the system
viable. Christine.
 PS if I left out anyone's state, I apologize, I did this rather quickly.