[ SHOWGSD-L ] FUNNY DOG STORY

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 14:35:23 -0400

Last evening/this morning, we fell asleep on the counch. Tink was curled up
next to me.  When I
woke up, the spouse was in the Fun room and Ms Tink was asleep in her crat with
the door shut.

About an an hour before Ms Tink usually wakes up to let us know it is time to
feed her, she
started to bark.  So we got up to abide by her wishes (one would think she was
a cat and not a
dog as cats have staff).

We found Ms Tink running all over the house - apparently she crated herself,
but he didn't lock
the door.

When I went outside to feed the cats on the front porch, I found a WatchTower
pamphlet shoved
into the screen. Ms Tink came out to investigate why the doorbell had rung. And
she was really
barking.  We did not hear the bell upstairs, and frankly, nobody we know uses
the front door -
everyone uses the gated walk off the driveway.

I think Ms Tink scared them off.  I was really pleased she did not take the
freedom to take the
opportunity to destroy her housebreaking <VBG>. Especially since we took at
least 10 minutes
to get up, prepped and dressed to go down and do the dog chores.

This is old farm country - and most farmers are out doing chores in the
morning.  They also tend
not to answer doors when people are not expected.  Homes/Farms are protected by
a company
called Smith and Weston around here, or the loose farm dogs or both.  I wonder
if they made it
to the end of the unpaved farm road <VBG> without incident.