[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: FULL Communication

  • From: "Pam Stoesser" <pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:27:50 -0500

Well, I didn't mean to imply by any means that anyone was disenfranchised.
I just think knowing the facts is usually better than guessing and making
comments without any information.

The same information is generally in both the online emails and in the
Review other than last minute things that don't have time to make it to the
Review.  It's just a matter of preferred mode of receiving information,
isn't it really?  The online emails are more timely simply because they
don't have to go through a publication and printing process.  They also cost
the GSDCA less money because they cost about a tenth of a cent to produce.
Means of communication have changed throughout history from smoke signals to
messengers to Pony Express and telegraph to postal service and now email and
Skype and Facetime, etc.

Opting out of the emailed communication (some call them "Constant Contacts")
is just a matter of click on the line at the bottom that says "I don't want
to receive these emails any more".

The Review is sent to all members.  If they only want it that way, there's
nothing wrong with that.  For the other 88% who want it faster, should the
GSDCA ignore an additional communication vehicle and revert back only to the
Review?  I have elderly friends too - heck, I'm even elderly myself.  Some
of them are computer-challenged.  Heck, some of my younger friends are
computer-challenged!

So, if you don't want to disenfranchise anyone but you want the information
as soon as the last Board member walks out of the meeting, how would you
suggest that happen?

Pam

From: "Pam Stoesser" <pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FULL Communication.
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 13:24:54 -0500

If you were guessing (this is a trick question because I know the answer),
how many GSDCA members - or what percent of the members - do NOT have an
email address - or at least one they have shared with the GSDCA?
I will tell you that there are fewer than 10 members that have opted out of
the Constant Contact GSDCA emails.  Pam

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group and
its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in any post.