[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: FOR PAUL

  • From: JANGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:29:50 EST

Paul,

Here is an article from the Great Dane Clubs site.  Please read it
carefully.  Is this what you are supporting with your "YES"  vote??????  This
is the
man you want to have as your fellow member?   This simply is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
You believe everything this man says.   You are on this list DEFENDING this
man!!!!!!!!   How then can ALL of  these breed clubs, rescue organizations be
wrong?  They have all created  lies about Hunte?  I cannot believe that you are
that gullible.  I  cannot see how you can sleep at night.  I hope you see all
those innocent  faces of the puppies and dogs Hunte is profiting off of in your
dreams, EVERY  NIGHT.

_http://www.gdca.org/wordsofwisdom/wordsofwisdom10.htm_
(http://www.gdca.org/wordsofwisdom/wordsofwisdom10.htm)

Here is an excerpt from that article:  Brokers do not breed dogs, they buy
litters of puppies from Puppy  Mills. Their business is wholesaling these
pathetic creatures, enabling  â??Millersâ?? to continue operations. Older
animals, dogs
with deformities, no  longer of value to the Mills are sold at Auctions,
direct from the Mills or by  Brokers. The Hunte Corp., one of the largest, buys
puppies from Mid West  Breeders and resells to Pet Stores Nationally and
Overseas. This Broker has been  funded in part, by million dollar loans from
the
USDA. Brokers are covered under  â??The Animal Welfare Actâ??, enforced by the
USDA,
the same Agency charged with  inspecting licenced Kennels and Brokers. Is this
not paradoxical?. Hunte Corp.  Chairman, Andrew Hunte, said â??The loans allow
us to expand our business. We deal  with breeders in several â??Midwest
Statesâ??
who can meet our Standard of quality  care. Hunte Corp., has exemplary
facilities in MO. Puppies are Trucked from the  Mills to these facilities,
where
they are groomed, vetted, vaccinated and sold  to Pet Shops Nationwide. Hunte
Corp.,gives them good care, nevertheless, they  are a successful, recognized
Broker, whose income, reported to be $26,000.000 in  2002, is primarily derived
from the output of Millers. Puppies must be weaned  very young to go through
the
Hunte checkup to arrive at Pet Shops by average age  of 8-10-12 weeks old.
Pet Shops keep the Brokers in business, Millers  supply the â??Commodityâ??.
Brokers pay a pittance for puppies, most do not have the  facilities that made
the Hunte Corp., successful. Hundreds of Puppies are  trucked long distances,
with inadequate care, some die, others so  sick on arrival, they are  refused.
http://www.aol.com.