[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: FOR "NON KENNEL" Breeders

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:06:49 EST

In a message dated 1/10/2006 10:56:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
murk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Dawnmarie,
All she is trying to tell you is it is time  they start on the puppy
mush.......  My moms sleep in the puppy pen with  their pups as long as they
want to
be there. Mo

oh i wouldnt  lol i was just asking  someone had  suggested i started weaning
them like 2 weeks ago and they were only 3 weeks  old  she still is with
them, she wants to be with them all the time but not  feeding them all the time

lol
thanks
Dawnmarie

My girls are athletes.  Once a mom is starting to wean, I put up a  barrier
(x pen material or wood) in front of the puppy pen, high enough to keep  the
puppies in, low enough so that mom can come and go.  She has bedding  and fresh
water on the other side if she needs a break.  During the day in  nice
weather, they all go out to romp and play in a big grassy paddock,  sometimes
w/ mom
and sometimes w/ one of my (wonderful!) boy baby  sitters lol;) .  I'm with
you Mo, I wouldn't THINK of taking mom  away and robbing them of such valuable
socialization and interaction!

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_