[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: FM consolidation

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:18:11 -0500

Amy, let me give you something to think about. You are in the SE, next year
the SE fut is in Forrest City ARK..did you know that it takes 17hours to
get to Miami to Memphis..and 16 hours to get from Miami to Charleston,
WV????? Go check out Rand-McNalley ..this is where I got my info before I
responded. So how is it that adding WV to the SE would making it impossible
to get to when we already have areas within the SE region that are
farther???? Also..when is the last time in your recent memory that WV had a
futurity???? Before anyone rules this theory of consolidation out keep in
mind that some states NEVER hold futurities, just because I have added them
to a region doesn't change that. I added N and S Dakota to the heartland
region..when in recent memory have either one of those states held a
futurity???? So before posting that consolidation won't work..do some
research, you may find you are already traveling further than you think!!!
Reapportioning the states doesn't automatically mean these new areas will
be having futurities..if they didn't have them before..they won't be having
them now. Same clubs will be bidding, just reducing the numbers of bidders,
shouldn't really make the logistics of getting to a futurity any more
difficult. Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

How
> many people are willing to drive the extra it will take to get to the
> futurities from the consolidation.
> Say you are used to driving 5-10 hours and an occasional close
> one..............
>
> Are you now willing to drive 12-20 hours for  most futurities and an
> occasional close one ??
>
> Will we lose you if we increase your drive drastically ?? Or will you do
> what it takes to get to a futurity ??
>
> I reference Christine's post about the SE region being from Florida to
West
> Virginia over to east texas.  South Florida to West Virginia is at least
> 20 hour drive if not more and 2 days of driving. Are people good with
this ?
> Will you still participate ?? Or will you be disenfranchised having to do
> this ?
>
> I am really anxious to know how this would affect your decisions to
nominate
> and enter.
>

> Amy Safdir
> Almanya Shepherds
> www.almanyagsd.com
> > Evan, for the sake of discussion...let's say you have 9 swimming pools
of
> > different configurations and locations in a park..and you have a
> > relatively
> > stable population who use these pools each season...some use one  pool
> > because of
> > its shape, some use another pool because of where it is located  in the
> > park,
> > and others use another pool because of the life guard and so  on...Now
for
> > whatever reason, the officials decided to reduce the number of  pools to
> > 5...Stay with me now...when swimming season rolls around...guess what,
> > since the
> > demographics have remained stable the same group of people are using
the
> > pools
> > again...but we now have more people per pool....we really do not lose
any
> > significant numbers of people..except for the ones we would have lost
if
> > there
> > were still 9 pools....moved...aged...but then those would at some point
be
> > replaced by newbies and aging of the toddlers...Same premise...I am not
> > saying
> > that I approve or disapprove the reduction of our FM matches...I am only
> > addressing your above comments...If you still have your basic group of
> > interested
> > parties...they will fit the accommodations provided...in some areas,
you
> > might
> > need more than one "lifeguard" to handle the increase in specific
pools,
> > but
> > that type of accommodation has been done before...just my
thoughts...not
> > on
> > either side of the fence at the moment...I only breed once  every 3-5
> > years
> > but I have always nominated the litters and entered the
F/M....Regards,